Advertisement 
http://online-game.co.in/

Home » » Shah Rukh Khan at Yale Do not be afraid to walk alone

Shah Rukh Khan at Yale Do not be afraid to walk alone

On April 12, Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan became the first Bollywood personality to be honoured with the prestigious Chubb Fellowship at Yale University.

Earlier in the day, Khan ran into trouble with the US immigration authorities and was detained at a New York airport for about two hours. However, he did keep his date with Yale and delivered an evocative speech on success, failure, kids and life.

We bring you the full transcript of Shah Rukh Khan's inspring speech that he delivered as a Fellow amidst cheering fans and students. Also watch Khan deliver the speech here!

Good evening everyone, I'd like to thank you all for giving me the opportunity to be here. I also want to thank Isha for following up with the most disorganised and incommunicative person in the world in order to fix today's meeting with all of you. Thanks I really am honoured and extremely happy to be here.

I have memories of being in Yale five years ago. It was December and so damn cold that while professing love to my leading lady and singing a Bollywood ditty....which went something like this.....Kabhie alvida na kehna....my mouth froze itself to death... I say death because as I inched closer to kiss her.... mouthing the words kabhi alvida...na...my mouth and jaw just locked....like this.

So I am hoping my second outing to your wonderful university turns out differently because it would be highly embarrassing if I said "good evening Yaleites" or "Yalers" or whatever you guys are called and got stuck at... yaaaaa....that wouldn't make for much of a speech.

I was told not to dwell too much on my movies when I spoke to you, I am to give you an inspirational talk -- tell you stuff you can think about when you leave this room.

That worries me, it gives me performance anxiety. Here you are, 1500 of you, hoping to hear words of wisdom from this sexy, desirable man, who couldn't kiss a girl, last time he was in Yale because it was too cold. But I'm not that guy, I mean, I'm sexy and desirable for sure but I'm not about to leave you anymore inspired than when you walked in here.

I read this lame joke on Google the other day (yes I pick everything up from Google, even the script of my next movie and I'm not ashamed of it -- you can pick me up on Google too if you like!)

Anyway, the joke went like this -- a dying man, gasping for breath, desperately gestured to the priest by his side for a piece of paper. With great effort, he then wrote a few words on it, handed it to the priest and passed away. The priest kept the paper in his pocket and forgot all about it until the final service. Here he suddenly recalled the dead man's last scribble. Unfolding the paper, he told the funereal congregation that he was about to read great words of inspiration to them. The piece of paper had these words on it....

"You are standing on my oxygen tube...fool..."
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | lilipool.com | lilipool.com | lilipool.com | lilipool.com | lilipool.com | lilipool.com
Copyright © 2011. Welcome to lilipool.com - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by lilipool.com