Advertisement 
http://online-game.co.in/

Home » » Madhuri Dixit receives Dinanath Mangeshkar Award

Madhuri Dixit receives Dinanath Mangeshkar Award


Madhuri Dixit was awarded the prestigious Master Dinanath Vishesh Award by Lata Mangeshkar on Tuesday. The Bollywood queen looked gorgeous in a Anju Modi saree. The ceremony was held yesterday at Shanmukhananda Hall in Mumbai.

Dinanath Vishesh Awards are presented each year in memory of Lata Mangeshkar’s father Master Dinanath Mangeshkar. Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray was the Chief Guest for the function held on 70th death anniversary of Master Dinanath.

“In a way my father’s death and my singing career are connected. If he hadn’t passed away I might not have taken to singing in films. I had to become the family’s bread-earner at an age when other girls play with dolls. But I have no regrets. I had to look after my brother and sisters. If my father had lived who knows what I would have done? I may not have become a playback singer at all,” Lata Mangeshkar said.

After receiving the award, Madhuri Dixit recalled that ‘O Ramji bada dukh dia’,the song from ‘Ram Lakhan’ movie was the first song given to her which was sung by Lata Mangeshkar .

Lata said Madhuri had good sense of music and dance. “Her lip movements were perfect. So the audience thought it was not Lata but Madhuri herself who is singing,” she said.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | lilipool.com | lilipool.com | lilipool.com | lilipool.com | lilipool.com | lilipool.com
Copyright © 2011. Welcome to lilipool.com - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by lilipool.com